Links to specific rules & procedures:
- MAAC insurance is mandatory to fly at the field.
- “A” wings qualifications required before solo flying at the field
- All Probationary Pilots must have a spotter in the flight station, who is a Full Member.
- All Guest Pilots must have a spotter in the flight station, who is a Full Member.
- All Junior Members must have a spotter in the flight station, who is a Full Member.
- A Junior Member needs to have a parent/guardian on site, OR the guardian needs to make an agreement with a Full Member who is on site.
- Unaccompanied spectators (any observer who is not a club member) must stay out of the pit area
There will be absolutely no flying:
- Over any general area where field workers or equipment are active. The presence of active field workers could easily require that no flying take place at all.
- Behind the flight line no matter how far away from the runway, over the pits, Lochside Road, or any area west of Lochside
- Over any agricultural areas that are designated as “no fly” zones
- Over any agricultural areas closed by a member of the Executive or Safety Committee while at the field.
- Flying operations are only permitted from 10 am to 9 pm or dusk (whichever is earlier for gas powered aircraft and for small quiet electrics (20 oz or less) 9:00 am to 9:30 pm or dusk (whichever is earlier)
- Maximum of three aircraft flying at the same time (exception special events)
- Aircraft shall be flown in a fashion so as to minimize the noise footprint as perceived in adjacent areas
- 15 minutes per flight maximum
- Pilots to announce their intention to land or take off
- All aircraft shall be flown in a safe manner with consideration to others at the field
- Flying models will immediately descend to stay well below and out of the way of all full size aircraft that may be over flying the field.
- Landing aircraft shall have the right of way.
- Current VRCMS and MAAC membership card (or photocopy) to be prominently displayed
- Aircraft shall utilize a restraint when being started or left running in the pit area
- No flying or running of gas powered motors before 10 am.
- No breaking in engines in the pit area while other members are flying
- No taxiing in the pit area.
- Engines off when clear of the runway after landing.
- Noise limits per MAAC and per local bylaw.
- Animals shall stay out of the pit area. Dogs shall be on a leash, and at all times all animals shall be under the active control of the owner.
Any member of the VRCMS Safety Committee and Executive may temporarily suspend the flying privileges of any other member. The duration of the suspension and terms of reinstatement will be made by majority vote of the VRCMS Executive after hearing an explanation of the circumstances leading to the suspension and receiving a recommendation from the Safety Committee concerning reinstatement.